January 1, 2014

DIVISON 20 (第二十)

If you give up learning, troubles end.
Between yeah and nay,
How great is the distance between them?
Good and evil, how far apart are they?
What others fear
One must also fear.
Wild, unrestrained! It will never come to an end!
The multitude are joyous
As if partaking of the T'ai Lao offering
Or climbing a tower in spring.
I alone seem listless and still,
Not yet given any sign
Like a baby that as not learned to smile,
Aimless and worn out
As if the way home were lost.
The multitude of men all have enough and to spare.
I alone seem to be in want.
My mind is that of a fool.
Muddled and blank.
Ordinary men look bright and intelligent,
I am dark and murky.
They look full of discrimination,
I am alone muddled and confused.
Formless am I! Like the ocean.
Shapeless am I! As though I have nothing in which I can rest.
People all have a purpose in life,
While I alone seem dull and incapable, like a rude borderer.
I alone am different from others.
For I value drawing sustenance from the Mother.